Saturday, December 22, 2012

First Friday Free Day

Well I'm back at the Paris Baguette writing this post. Super tires, Seoul nightlife is intense and apparently never stops!

Yesterday I set up my Korean bank account, and then my company have us all money for the weekend and a transit card to get around which was nice of them! So a big group of us got together and headed to Hoegi station so we could get to city hall. Once there we realized there were too many of us so we split up. We walked around a giant street market and wandered around the city. We got dinner at this Korean restaurant where the food was nice and spicy like I like it, but a little too spicy for everyone else. Since the food it cooked at your table the spiced filled the restaurant and a lot of people were coughing from the spice in the air haha. The food was AMAZING! After a long time of trying to figure out where we were we ended up in a university district with a bunch of bars. We met a Canadian who had been living here for a year so he was our guide for the night. He was so much fun!

The bars in Korea are different than the ones in Chicago in the sense that there are such diverse bars. We went to a pool hall bar, an underground hookah lounge, a chill lounge where you took your shoes off and sat around a shallow pool with floating candles and incense, an underground trance club that looked like a cave where some people were filming me holding a candle and telling me it's the winter solstice, and then a dance club. All in all it was the craziest night out I've ever had, and I've had a few crazy nights! I met so many awesome local Koreans who were all super nice and so friendly. I can already tell that I'm going to LOVE living in Seoul! Today were going shopping for apartment essentials and then who knows what!

No comments:

Post a Comment