This is it! It's actually happening! As I write this post I am sitting in the international terminal of San Francisco International Airport (SFO). This past weekend I had to say a lot of goodbyes, something I hate doing. But all of your visits, texts, calls, cards and gifts mean so much to me. I know I'm really loved by my friends and family back home! Thank you all!
Yesterday afternoon I finished packing (and repacking) just in time to head to O'hare for my flight to San Francisco. *Travel Tip #1: do not overpack your carry on, and make sure to measure the dimensions!* Minutes before I left I realized my carry on was a bit on the bulging side and over the acceptable dimensions. At the ticket gate however the lady told me it would be fine. Then, going through security check, my bag gets stuck in the scanner, oops! Haha but I get through and have my last meal in Chicago (Italian beef, dipped, with hot peppers) and board the plane. Basically slept through the whole flight (thanks for keeping me up so late Katie and Jen!) haha. I got a sweet view of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge as we landed at SFO. I then proceeded to find the warmest, safest looking terminal to sleep in. I wrapped my arms around the straps of my bag and got roughly two or three hours of sleep before the hoards of people came in and the shops and cafes opened up at 4am local time. Right now I've been here for seven hours with four more to go before I take off for Korea. I wont land until 4:15pm local time the next day! This is my goodbye to the USA! See you all in 2014! The next time I post I will have arrived in Asia!

No comments:
Post a Comment