Friday, December 21, 2012

Arrival

So much has happened since my last post! Right now I'm sitting in Paris Baguette Cafe (a coffeehouse chain in Seoul) because it has free wifi and hot coffee (it is so cold in Korea!).

Well I arrived at incheon international airport and found the guy with my name on a sign. He didn't speak a word of English and he grabbed my luggage and bolted for the van with me running to keep up behind him. An hour ride from the airport later and I was on the doorstep of the company headquarters in Seoul. After a very confusing 15 minutes I was set up in my temporary apartment with my roommate. The rooms are bigger than I expected but the kitchen is kind of small. We have heated floors and a terrace almost the same size as our entire apartment. It's only temporary but I like it a lot! Great location and everything.

I've completed day one of orientation which consisted of three huge meals. Introductions, the most thorough health check up I've ever experienced, and lessons on Korean history, culture, and language. After orientation my roommate and I took the bus to the mall to look for some things I forgot to pack. Walking around the city was so much fun and so interesting. I've never ever been in a city like this before. It's so surreal. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a video game or a movie or something lol. After that I enjoyed my first Korean beer on the terrace and then went to bed (still jet lagged!). Now I'm about to begin day two of orientation (banking) and then the weekend starts! Everyone I've met so far has been super cool and so nice. I'm so happy and excited and can't wait to start teaching!! :)


P.s.- sorry for any typos I'm typing this in a cafe on an iPod with limited time. Once I move to my permanent apartment I will have better access to Internet and I can do this more properly!

P.p.s.- photo is of a Christmas tree outside the mall by my apartment and some metal tree sculptures. (I love Christmas! :) )

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog it is so fun :) glad everything is going good so far!

    ReplyDelete