Sorry it's been so long since my last post, I've been busy training for my job and going out with my orientation group members.
Well 2012 is officially over and so is my orientation. What an amazing experience it's been! I've met some of the most amazing, brilliant, diverse, and wonderful people ever. I am so lucky to have met these people through orientation, and as we all ship out to our respective company branches tomorrow I hope we can all stay in contact and meet up throughout our stay in Korea and after. I had to say goodbye to these awesome folks and also say goodbye to a wonderful year.
2012 started out with my student teaching semester and my graduation from college in May. Then I spent time in Wisconsin and San Francisco and Sonoma valley for the summer. I spent so many good times with friends and family, I grew and learned a lot in the past year. So much has changed and I definitely did not think I'd be spending the last moments of 2012 with a bunch of amazing new friends in a Korean BBQ restaurant in Seoul, but I'm so happy I did.
I also found out my placement for my job. I will be living and working in Bundang, just SW of Seoul and still connected to the Seoul metro. Kind of disappointed I won't be more central but it's supposed to be one of the richest neighborhoods in Korea, and the only neighborhood in the Seoul metropolitan area that was actually planned out rather than just built sporadically. I guess that means I should probably change the name of my blog since I won't technically be a Seoulite after tomorrow but rather a bundangian or whatever they call themselves in Bundang (pronounced pundahng).
2012 ended and 2013 began, and I am so lucky and happy to be where I am in life right now. I have an amazing job, I live in an awesome country, I have the best friends and family in the world, and I'm just so excited for 2013!!!
Happy New Year! 2013 will be one you never forget so enjoy every minute :) Love you!
ReplyDelete