Hello everyone!
Appypollylodgies for the lack of posts but I think after you read about my daily schedule you will forgive me! :) I got the dreaded and rare ABC schedule. Usually SDA teachers get and AB or BC schedule meaning from the morning-afternoon or afternoon-evening. Well, this guy works from the morning until the evening. Yes there is a monthly bonus for this obnoxious schedule so I guess it's okay! Here's what my average Monday-Thursday looks like:
5:30-6:00- Wake up! I shower, shave, eat an orange or banana, but usually I just have enough time to get dressed and head out.
7:00-8:00-Level 4 adult class. I teach anywhere from teens to seniors.
8:00-9:00-break time! I always go to my favorite local coffee shop on the first floor of the building I work in, 커피에 반하다. I go with my coworker and neighbor, Ryan, from Canada. The barista Terria (sp?) has some awesome music, insane coffees, and perfect bagels.
9:00-10:00- Another adult level 4 class. This one I'm a little buzzed on caffeine so it's a lot of fun lol.
10:00-11:00- adult level 2 class. One of my favorite classes. We have so much fun in this class!
11:00-12:00- break time! This is when I get most of my grading and lesson planning done. I also go shopping, go to another cafe (Koreans love coffee), go home and clean or do laundry, or nap!
12:00-13:30- Lunch, provided by the Bundang Institute's personal chef, Esther. All the food is so great! Traditional Korean, but all vegetarian because Seventh Day Adventists don't eat meat. For those of you who don't already know I work for an English institute which is based in the Seventh Day Adventist (SDA) religion. They don't eat meat, drink caffeine, or drink alcohol. Although the Adventists at my institute seem to be much more relaxed about this.
16:45-17:30- Junior class (Trampoline 4). These students are a little misbehaved., but with the help of a Korean coworker we are working on it!
17:30-17:45- 15 minute break to review the next lesson, chill out on the couch in the foreign teachers lounge, or check my Facebook.
17:45-18:30- Another junior class (Trampoline 1). These are my favorite students ever! I just want to adopt all of them! They're so excited about learning English and they make me laugh so much!
18:30-19:00- Half an hour break. Sometimes I just chill on one of the couches in the foreign teachers lounge (it's starting to become known as my couch haha) or if I'm super hungry ill run down to the street and grab some quick Kimbap (kind of like a Korean sushi but I'm only saying that to give you reference.. They're NOT the same... I lovvve kimbap and it is so cheap!).
19:00-20:00- level 2 adult class.
20:00-21:00- level 4 adult class. I actually teach one of my Korean coworkers in this class, which is kind of weird but good at the same time. I'm glad she chose me as her teacher! :)
~21:30-24:00- HOME! I make dinner and chill out until bed time!
Woof! That's a schedule! But I love it, I love my job, I love my crazy busy and exciting life, I love being a working man, I love having my own place, I love my students, I love my coworkers, I love my coffee shop, I love Korea! :)
OH! Almost forgot! Fridays I only teach the same schedule until 11:00 and then I'm off for the weekend yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment