Hello everyone! So I since the last time I posted I have officially moved from Guri to Bundang in Seongnam SE of Seoul but still considered part of the Seoul Metropolitian area. Bundang is one of the only areas of the Seoul Metropolitan area which was planned out, which means that the streets actually make sense, there are nice parkways and a riverwalk which I have yet to explore due to being so busy and it's so cold! I might try and find a bike on craigslist when the weather gets nicer so I can bike along the river park. Bundang is also much cleaner and much more organized that the inner city. I think this will be a great place for me to live and work, because Seoul and my friends there are just a subway ride away!
All of my coworkers and my director and assistant director are sooo awesome and helpful and down to earth. For those of you who don't know, my company is affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventists, so during orientation all meals were vegetarian, they don't drink coffee, and definitely not alcohol. But here in Bundang the SDA's seem much more chill about everything and way less strict about the dietary things.
My apartment is about a ten minute walk along the parkway to get to work in the morning, and there are plenty of restaurants and shops along the way. My work is right next to the subway and bus terminal so there is a ton of shopping, restaurants, and bars around there. My apartment is brand spankin new, I litterally had to take the plastic off my cabinets, fridge, toilet, mattress, etc. The heated floors are amazing, and I have enough room to practice yoga and/or have a small dance party lol
My students are AWESOME! I added them to kakao talk (a korean texting/calling app) and I have groups for my classes so we can all talk together in a sort of chat room. They are so nice! The first day of class one of my adult businessman students asked me to go out drinking with him, of course I said I couldn't (company policy), so he says we should just have a small beer party at his place and no one would know. Hahaha I had to decline again. But I'm sure I will be going out to dinner or doing fun things with my students because they seem to like me and I for sure like them!
Alright time to talk about my big big mistake I made yesterday... So it was my second day at work, and I set my alarm at 5:45 and 6:00 to start teaching at 7:00. I was also supposed to wake my neighbor/coworker up when I got up because he doesn't have an alarm yet. So I wake up thinking it's the middle of the night and I look at my iPod to see what time it was........ 7:04!!!! I jumped out of bed swearing up a storm, ran to the door in my boxers and run to my neighbors door and ring the bell a few times, no answer. So I figured he must have left thinking I forgot him. I throw on some clothes (except I forgot my underwear) and run down the parkway still putting on my tie and tucking in my shirt. Got to work at 7:15 and apologized profusely to my adult students, kind of blaming it on being sick (which I am). They just made jokes about it and all was good! I have an hour long break after my first class which I usually use to go to the coffee shop on the first floor of the building in which I work. This time my coordinator was in the coffeeshop as well so I was a little nervous about you know, getting fired or deported or something! But she offered to buy my espresso and breakfast and then she told me about how she overslept when she was new too, except her director showed up at her apartment and accidentally saw her butt naked rushing to get dressed. (Koreans will open any door if it is not unlocked). Haha so I'm really glad that it was not really a big deal, and I am going to buy the loudest, most annoying alarm clock I can find so it never ever happens again!
Okay I think I've written enough for one post. I have a hundred other things I could say, but I have to be off... grocery shopping and then off to meet some friends in Gangnam for dinner and going out!
No comments:
Post a Comment